I have a passion to unleash the potential in children and young people.
- All parents want the best for their children
- Most parents realise their children are reacting to their emotional state
- Few parents undertake personal development training to change their situation
- My purpose is to create awareness of this opportunity
- This step has the potential to change the fabric of our society from the inside out
BBC Radio Newcastle with Paul Wappett on teenagers (audio 6.02)
How to get a better connection with your children with Gina Baksa (audio 19.33)
'Kids are really different...' - Conference report by Dr G Taylor (audio 17.29)
Passion for the Planet with Chantal Cooke (audio 5.52)
British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, CCYP Journal article on family coaching (pdf)
Juno magazine article on self-esteem (pdf)
KM Focus article on the Family Coaching Café (pdf)
XL Magazine article on Corporate Social Responsibility (pdf)
• Alan and Sir John Whitmore, Chairman of Every Family Matters, are consulting on a collaborative Education project with Europe and China
• Contributed to the Family breakdown working group and the Educational working group for the “Breakthrough Britain - ending the costs of social breakdown” report by the Social Justice Policy Group, Chaired by Rt Hon Iain Duncan Smith MP in July 2007.
• Awarded Early Intervention & Prevention Framework Provider status for Parenting Skills and Emotional Wellbeing Services to Parents, Carers and Families by Kent County Council.
• A Kent County Council External Training provider
• Corporate Member of the Association for Coaching
• A member of the Kent Coaching and Mentoring Network
Profile - Alan Wilson
Alan Wilson is a visionary, evolving clients by accessing their essence to unleash their truest potential. For 15 years he was coaching uniqueness in companies and for the last 9 years his focus has been to create successful programmes and resources for families. His vision is to develop sustainable self empowerment in children, young people, parents and the professionals with his Ethos of Empowerment programme in schools.
His Parent Champion Programme - has been successfully transforming families in the social sector. A grant from The Big Lottery Fund is enabling a further 2 year roll out of the programme in Children’s Centres in Kent.
2002 – founded social enterprise ‘Develop Your Child’
2005 – formed not for profit company ‘Every Family Matters'
2006 – produced DVD “Kids Are Really Different These Days”
2009 – created Parent Champion Programme
2011 – published “How to be a Parent Champion and add magic to your family”
2012 - launched the Parent Champion Community website to build sustainability
2013 - Family Coaching Academy awarded Open College Network (the adult learning body) Training Centre status and accrediatation of the Parent Champion programmes Level 2 and 3 (equivalent to NVQ2 and 3).
2002 Life Coaching Academy - Coach training
2002/3 Neuro Linguistic Programming - Practitioner level
2003/4 Parent as Coach Academy (Oregon) - Advance coach training (ICF accredited)
2003/9 Parenting Tutor - Medway Adult Learning Service
2005 C&G 7307 Certificate in Teaching
2005 Principle Based Psychology – Introduction
2005 The Evolutionary Institute - Advanced coach training
2005 Advanced Certificate in Education, Stage 1
2006 The Evolutionary Institute - Train the Trainer
2007/8 Industry training inc. Safeguarding Children, Children’s Workforce Development Council and Common Assessment Framework
2009/11 Continuing Personal Development and elected Chair of Bligh Children's Centre Advisory Board
2012 ILM Level 5 Performance Coaching for Leadership
Complimentary therapy training:
Reiki I and II
Emotional Freedom Technique – Switching Children on with EFT
1963 – 1973 City of London Poly - HNC Business Studies and Degree in Marketing